This following will detail my ups, downs and personal triumphs while spending 4months in the Australian Outback. Everything I learn and encounter I am going to try and post here so that I can share with my friends, family and the rest of the world.

These are my experiences so far.....

Wednesday 24 August 2011

BLAH.

Im currently on my lunch break. I get to come home for lunch because I only live 2 blocks from work which is particularly convenient. Things have started to become pretty boring here. Half of our staff disappeared over the weekend - apparently thats normal. And theres only me and one other girl working. And the shop has been crazy quiet which is unusual. Although this may present for a nice break from the usual craziness I'm totally bored out of my brain. None of the customers ever talk to you because they are black and dont talk to white people. And the white people are in too much of a hurry to have a chat.

So all I do all day is work. Which is boring. Come home. Eat. And watch a movie. Then sleep. That is what everyday entails for me. At this stage im wishing that I could just put my body on auto pilot and wake up when I'm done here. I know I need to be here to save money but its just such a hard slug at this stage. Im only a week and 3 days in. Not even half way. Theres a ridiculous amount of work still to be done. I dont know what to do to make things more interesting. My poor Ipod is getting a thrashing. Im allowed to listen to it at work and its just on constant.

Hopefully something exciting happens soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment