This following will detail my ups, downs and personal triumphs while spending 4months in the Australian Outback. Everything I learn and encounter I am going to try and post here so that I can share with my friends, family and the rest of the world.

These are my experiences so far.....

Monday 21 November 2011

The Wet.

It has finally broken. I hope.

It seems the wet has begun. I sit outside. I hear thunder rumbling in the distance and a complete stillness all around. The sky is grey. And everything is quiet. The rain came, although it didnt last too long. And the place seems so clean after the rain. Everything fresh and green.
I have heard stories that so epic thunderstorms happen here. Wicked bolts of lightening and never heard before cracks of thunder. The rain can get that hard, that you cant see your neighbours house. I havent seen this yet. All of the storms have passed us by. And the rain has been minimal.
I hope this picks up before I leave. It has 19 days to fully begin. I want to see it.

Seeing the dark clouds in the sky and feeling the stillness all around gives such a feeling of anticipation. Waiting for something big to happen.

And waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment