This following will detail my ups, downs and personal triumphs while spending 4months in the Australian Outback. Everything I learn and encounter I am going to try and post here so that I can share with my friends, family and the rest of the world.

These are my experiences so far.....

Sunday 25 September 2011

Trying to Find a Groove.

So as the days go by I begin to settle a little bit more here. The more I grow to know the place and start to know the people, the more I find that its a hard place to be. Each day it seems like another close friend has left leaving another void to fill. I am glad today one of my friends actually returned, which hopefully is a good thing. I am learning that you never have faith in what someone says they are going to do. And I can understand why people here are so predictable. They struggle to like it and to live and save money happily, but then that day comes when you are faced with the oppurtunity of an out, and you just take it. I can why. I get it. I'm just not used to living with people who are so flighty.
However I do think that maybe this could be a good thing for me. Maybe I will learn to not trust people so instantly. Maybe I will learn the self control to sit back and take the opportunity to see what is going on around me.
But in saying this, as I have said previously, it is a lonely place to be. With people coming and going all the time it is hard to have a solid group of mates. It is a hard choice between keeping your head down and just making your money and going home, or having the friends and the social life, maybe stay a bit longer but have a good time. At this point I'm at the stage of keeping my head down. I thought my home sickness would have curbed by now but it hasnt. I have had even less contact with home over the last week and its making me want it more. I just want the normal back in my life. I want the freedom to be able to do the things I like to do.
I am learning that you should never move back into home. No matter how much you think you miss it, or how good it will be, IT IS NOT. I am suffocating under the pressure of lifestyle. My only alone time is in the shower. In all honesty, I hate to be alone, but I am definatly not used to being nagged at this much. I am on edge, getting feisty and I cant stop myself from snapping at my family. I will not take full responsibility for this, however I do feel like shit because of it. It is just hard working around people all day and coming home and being around people all night and being nagged constantly. I am suffering by not having my own bedroom. Or a proper bed. I am over having to go into my brother's room to get my clothes before he goes to sleep and I'm sick of not being able to come home whenever I want.
But as long as I am here there is nothing I can do about this. I just need to find a way to deal with it. And god I hope I find it very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment